IBDP Results 2019
We are happy to announce the results of the IBDP exams (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme), published on 5 July every year.
The results of the first Styrian IBDP graduates are exceptionally high and impressive, with a pass rate of 100%. The school average is 36 and well above the world average of around 30.
In the IBDP the highest possible score is 45 points — around 0.4% of students worldwide achieve the perfect score, less than 3% score 40 points.
Out of 22 GIBS graduates, 8 scored 40 points or more, one student each scored 43, 44, and 45 points.
Parallel to these extremely high scores in the IBDP, the Austrian students also took the Reifeprüfung (Austrian National school leaving exam) and passed it with distinction.
We are very proud of our students’ results and academic performance, and we wish them all the best for their future.
Mag.a Ursula Schatz, IBDP Coordinator
Kleine Zeitung – Steirerinnen des Tages, 16. Juli 2019
The IB at a glance
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) was founded in 1968 as a non-profit educational foundation.
- Its four programmes aim to develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn, and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
- In July 2019, IB programmes were offered worldwide, across 5,139 schools in 156 countries.
- The curriculum is made up of the Diploma Programme core and six subject groups.
The three core elements are: TOK (Theory of Knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge), CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service) and the Extended Essay (EE), which is an independent, self-directed research paper.
- The number of IBDP students is consistently growing, with more than 82,000 graduates in 2018.
- The IB Diploma is recognized by the leading universities around the world. Cf. https://www.ibo.org/university-admission/recognition-of-the-ib-diploma-by-countries-and-universities/country-recognition-statements/
Facts and Figures: https://www.ibo.org/about-the-ib/facts-and-figures/.
The History of the IB: https://www.ibo.org/globalassets/digital-tookit/presentations/1711-presentation-history-of-the-ib-en.pdf.
Latest Statistical Bulletin (2018): https://www.ibo.org/contentassets/bc850970f4e54b87828f83c7976a4db6/dp-statistical-bulletin-may-2018-en.pdf.
Share your thoughts