The Parents Association of BG GIBS has given itself the task of presenting itself as the contact partner for the various groups within the school. For this reason, special interest groups have been formed in which experienced parents can offer or pass on information. Every parent is sincerely invited to join one of these groups which seek to provide the most efficient contribution to our children’s education in the broadest way possible. The main focus is placed upon deepening the communication between students, teachers and parents. Only an earnest and reciprocal cooperation between home and school can reach the goal of an open and constructive school environment in which good work can be produced. An increased cooperation between parents and school forms a broad foundation of information that can recognize problems before they become difficult to resolve. The parent representatives will always have an open ear for problems. In general, the parents’ association encourages the individual parties involved in notable conflicts to resolve their problem directly. A conversational meeting can be arranged without any problem, as well as delivering to the correct address a message that effects many individuals. In clearly recognizable individual problems, the parents’ association does not wish to stand in between the parties concerned.
Parents Association Board Members
|1a (Stv)||Ulrike Haringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1b (Stv)||Iris Brunnsteineremail@example.com|
|1c (Stv)||Marina Hatzlfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2a (Stv)||Alka Egger||Alka.Egger@hm.com|
|2b (Stv)||Alison Jonesemail@example.com|
|2c (Stv)||Edith Rothbartfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3a (Stv)||Alice Samecemail@example.com|
|3b (Stv)||Lucia Swoboda-Zancanellafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3c (Stv)||Bettina Zajacemail@example.com|
|4a (Stv)||Martina Hochreiter-Petzlfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4b (Stv)||Maria Anderwaldemail@example.com|
|4c (Stv)||Elke Zenzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5a (Stv)||Susanne Petrovitsemail@example.com|
|5c (Stv)||Judith Forstnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6a (Stv)||Bergegère Elsaemail@example.com|
|6b (Stv)||Dr.Georg Ehrlichfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6i (Stv)||Simone Paggeremail@example.com|
|7a (Stv)||Ingrid Reicherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7b (Stv)||Stefan Schreineremail@example.com|
|7i (Stv)||Monika Mayerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8a (Stv)||Christina Walcheremail@example.com|
|8b (Stv)||Monika Winterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8i (Stv)||Amra Stöckleemail@example.com|
Guidelines for Parent Representatives
Forward informations to all the class parents
- from school
- from the parents association
- from the GIBS support association
- from individuals with spezial requests
Forward informations from the parents
- to the class teacher
- to the teachers
- to the head mistress
- to the parents association
Conduct surveys within the class: Regarding internal and external questions and requests that concern school issues
- g., school free days, school events, etc.
Coordinate the preparation, execution and follow-up of events for the school for various occasions, e.g.:
- Summer party (each year, organized by all classes in co-operation with a teacher team for “Social-Events”
- Christmas bazaar (year 4)
- Buffet at the Christmas Party (year 4)
- General activities for exchange students (years 5, 6 and 7)
- Buffet at the parent-teacher conference day (year 6 )
- Jazzbrunch (year 7)
- Support the students in the organization of the “Maturaball” (year 8)
- Organize the buffet during the oral exams (year 8)
Establish a close community between the class parents
- Facilitate the contact between the parents and establish mutual trust – by organizing regular informal meetings like
- excursions, trips to the theatre, skiing etc.,
- Take requests, concerns and suggestions of parents seriously
- Appreciate and honour collaboration and commitment/dedication
WE VIEW OURSELFS AS A LINK BETWEEN OUR CHILDREN AND THE SCHOOL OF OUR CHILDREN!
Support Association/Verein zur Förderung der GIBS
Graz International Bilingual School (GIBS), unlike other international schools, is a public state school that does not charge school tuitional fees to students. However, as a developing multilingual, international school GIBS incurs particular expenses that cannot always be covered by municipal funds. For example, such expenses include:
- Maintaining native speaker co-teachers
- Helping students who need support to finance trips abroad
- Advanced education for teachers
- Obtaining important learning material specialized for GIBS and therefore not covered by public funding guidelines
- Translating foreign language learning material
- Supervising student specialized theses through the Matura in English
- Maintaining an extensive, multilingual school library
The GIBS Support Association has taken on the responsibility of supporting the school with supplementary funds in order for the school to maintain continuously its international standard. The Support Association finances itself through membership fees paid by student families.
Dear Parents, As at the beginning of every year, we – the treasurers of the VF-GIBS – ask for your membership fees which you agreed to pay as a part of your membership registration. As you know, these funds support many things that contribute to the extraordinary quality of our school, things which cannot be covered by the official school budget: above all the co-teaching with native speakers, the copying of foreign language materials on the copy machine, the financial support of trips abroad, cultural events, projects and a lot more. Exact figures regarding budget calculations for the previous year and the budget for the current school year can be made available on request. Membership fees will be approximately 350 Euro per child per school year. Our guidelines enable a reduction for families in financial need. If you do not pay the membership fees without providing a reason, your child will not be included in the VF-GIBS support, which will mean that costs for copies, paper and tickets will need to be calculated individually for your child.
- One payment of 350 € (in November)
- Payment is by direct debit. Please authorize a direct-debit mandate (Einzugsermächtigung) to VF-GIBS (retractable at all times). Please complete the form, scan it and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, your child can hand the form into the office or give it to the form teacher.
- If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
The Board of Trustees for the Support Association of G.I.B.S. established within its charter the readiness to support students during confirmed excursions in foreign countries, in so far as these visits are specifically school related and that the financial aid required by the parents or guardians can be properly demonstrated. “Specifically school related” is to be understood as describing excursions whose direct and foremost concern is language study, the trip being suitable in kind to G.I.B.S. and one in which the participation of all students would enrich the learning experience for the class as a whole. As such, excursions such as sport weeks, ski courses, educational field trips, etc., would not qualify, being offered as well at other high schools and financed by parents or guardians. The goal of this support is to reduce the additional expenditures resulting from those activities that are specifically G.I.B.S. related in order to prevent the development of academic disadvantages resulting from non-participation. The FV (Förderverein/Support Association) G.I.B.S. membership fees will cover the total financial assistance of all planned excursions, whose maximum amount is determined by the Board of Trustees at the beginning of each school year. The amount of individual assistance granted is thereby dependent upon the number of submitted applications, their particular destinations and respective travel costs. Due to annual budgeting conditions, a subsequent application for increased funding is not possible, as it would cut into already allocated funds. As the individual assistance per student can vary from year to year, the applicant may not request a particular amount of funding. Prerequisites for the granting of financial assistance:
- The applicant must be a registered member of FV G.I.B.S. whose membership fees (whether normal or pro-rated) are in good standing.
- To request student assistance for participating in school events during the current school year, an application must be submitted to the Styrian School Board (Bildungsdirektion) with a copy sent to EV (Elternverein/Parents` Association) G.I.B.S.
- Note: Recognition of need by the School Board is not necessary because the EV G.I.B.S. has established higher qualifying limits. Nevertheless, the application provides the EV G.I.B.S. with an estimation of the family’s income for its own budgeting calculations. The EV will designate two trusted persons with the evaluation of this data so as to insure the discretion of this process.
- A letter of application with the enclosed copy of the School Board application (see point 2) as well as a thorough explanation for all apparently unusual expenses is to be delivered to EV G.I.B.S.
- Note: Unusual expenses are considered valid only when they arise from true emergency situations. House additions or renovations, mortgages, education expenses, etc. will not be considered.
- Applications submitted prior to the annual deadline, yet subsequent to the actual event, will of course be accepted and reviewed as described above with a grant being issued accordingly. However, applications submitted after the annual deadline can no longer be reviewed.
- The individual amount of funding will be assessed taking into consideration a) the income of the family with its own particular constellation, b) the estimated budget designated by the EV Board of Trustees and c) the number of and kind of all other planned school excursions.
- Note: Within the parameters expressed above, the entrusted persons will work out an encompassing assistance concept to be delivered to the EV Board of Trustees for their approval.
- A legal claim to an allocation of EV funds is not an option.
|Spokesman||Dr. Günter Riegler|
|Vice-Spokesman||Mag. Ulla Offenbeck|
|Honorary Spokeswomen||Mag. Elisabeth Fleischmann,
Mag. Imelda Görög
|Honorary Spokesman||Univ.Prof. Dr. Peter Bierbaumer|
|Cashier||Claire Estebanez, MMSc, Bsc|
|Vice-Cashier||Emma Somerville, BA|
|Accountants||Mag. Heinz Drobesch|
|Waltraud Gröblacher, Msc.MA|
|Secretary||Dr. Markus Tomaschitz|
|Vice-Secretary||Mag. Lisbeth Wilding|
|Advisors||Dr. Hannes Hick|
|Mag. Gernot Pagger|
|DI Ulrike Primschitz|
|Coopted to the board||Mag. Edda Berger-Cian (principal)|
|Mag. Jürgen Steinbrenner (chairman of parents‘ association)|
Una Šarić (student representative)