Every year, the student admissions team interviews a large number of students from primary schools throughout Graz and beyond. Following this process, the three new Year 1 classes are formed, each comprising 25 students. For incoming Year 1 students the admission procedure (school year 2022/ 2023) will be as follows:
There is an early admissions policy for GIBS, accepting online applications from 1st-21st December 2022 (s. application form below).
You need to upload a copy/scan of your child’s report cards (Schulnachricht and Jahreszeugnis) for the school year 2021/22. If your child has not attended a primary/elementary school in Austria, please upload the last two report cards from the school(s) they have attended.
IMPORTANT: Please stick to the following file name template: SURNAME-FIRSTNAME-REPORTCARD. The following file formats are accepted: PDF, JPG.
- All students will be invited to an interview on either 13th or 14th of January 2023. Students not residing in Austria at that time will be assigned an individual interview date (if necessary, online).
- Bilingual students (English and German) will be interviewed in both languages.
- We will continue to give priority to English-speaking students who fulfil the standard requirements for attending GIBS.
- Primary school grades will be taken into consideration.
- Priority will also be given to those applicants who have siblings currently attending GIBS and fulfil the standard GIBS requirements.
Following the interview, parents will receive written confirmation of acceptance or non-acceptance by February 26th, 2023.