Denmark – Techcollege, Aalborg
Germany – BBS1, Mainz
Spain – Instituto Educación, Elche
France – Lycée Scientifique, Chalon-sur-Saône
Austria – Graz International Bilingual School, Graz
The aim of the project is to make our students more aware of where their food comes from, how it contributes to their health, how food is a very general and complex topic involving areas going from economy, politics, public health issues to biology. Our aim is to raise awareness about the importance for our students to make their own choices, through information, without being too much influenced by public opinion, advertising, trends etc. The general aim is to help our students become better informed and more health-conscious citizens.
Another aim is fighting cultural stereotypes. Mobilities provide students with an insight into the daily lives of the host families, other school systems as well as how each participating country tackle the topic of sustainability. Educational exchange between both students and teachers – Exchanging “best” educational practices lead to improving the quality of learning for the students and the quality of teaching for the teachers.
- Evolution of diets over the last decades / centuries
- Interviewing people from different age groups to report on evolution of food diets
- Intensive farming : when and why / impact on environment
- Supermarket surpluses and charities
- Industrial food / how does the body react to
- Body needs (proteins)
- Food additives / allergens
- Specific diets (athletes, sports, future food, space exploration)
- Brain food (nuts etc.)
- Energy drinks
October 2019 Chalon-sur-Saône
Environment + science technology (France) Friends or Foe ? Good or evil?
- pesticides / industrial farming / conventional farming vs organic farming
- How have science and tech influenced modern farming techniques
- How can science and technology contribute to more sustainable farming
- GM food
April 2020 Elche
Economy and society
- Pesticide industry / market / seeds / agrochemical industry
- Food resources
- Food disposal and food waste (in and outside schools)
- Social supermarkets
November 2020 Graz
Public health / social issues (Austria)
- Public health policies (slogans, advertising, campaigns etc.)
- Health insurance
- Social supermarkets / Supermarket surplus and charities. Visits / discussions / workshops
March – April 2021
Future food and innovation
- What will we be eating in 20 years time?
- Sonic-enhanced food?
- Lab-grown meat
- Insects, seaweed and sea weed
- Preparing Future Food